CAPACITOR DISCHARGE WELDERS
Weld Systems Integrators – proven results and welding solutions for tough-to-weld materials and applications.
Capacitor discharge welding for projection welding of fasteners to hot stamped boron steel from Weld Systems Integrators (sometimes referred to as Capacitive Discharge) stores energy for extremely fast release of energy with large peak currents. More energy into weld formation and less into heating the surrounding material. Furthermore, the heat affected weld zone, where the properties of the metal have been changed is smaller. This minimizes changes in the metallurgy of the workpiece.
Weld Systems Integrators manufactured our first capacitor discharge resistance welder in 2007. That CD welder is still in production today. And continues to make great welds and great parts. Through the years, we’ve had OEM’s, Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers bring parts to our Welding Lab and we have demonstrated consistent results.
WSI welders are MADE IN THE USA at our Warrensville Heights, OHIO location. Give us a call for IN-STOCK inventory.
Visit www.hotstampedboronsteel.com to lean more about WSI CD Welding capabilities.
FASTENER WELDING – THE CHALLENGE:
- Fasteners are extremely soft compared to the base material.
- Hot-Stamp Materials develop AlSi coating in the furnace.
- Resistive qualities of AlSi coating are inconsistent across the part.
- Short Weld Times called for in projection welding makes it difficult to deliver enough heat to the base material, often vaporizing the projections without welding.
- Consistent projection welding is difficult with most processes, and even with many Capacitor Discharge Welding machines!
|A M8 nut welded to 2-mm boron.||A M6 nut welded to 2-mm boron.|
THE CAPACITOR DISCHARGE WELDING SOLUTION:
WSI has over 10 years of proven results with tough-to-weld applications. This includes projection welding fasteners to Hot-Stamped, High-Boron AlSi-Coated parts! WSI Capacitor Discharge Welders can make good welds 100% of the time.