WSI Welding Seminars
TOPIC: Projection Welding of Fasteners to HOT STAMPED BORON and PRESS HARDENED STEELS
As seen in BOOTH C12075 at FABTECH 2018.
As parts of our ONGOING WELDING SEMINAR SERIES, Weld Systems Integrators will be presenting a two-part series on projection welding of fasteners to Hot Stamped Boron and Press Hardened Steels.
Part 1 – IN THE CLASSROOM
Part 2 – IN THE WELD LAB
Call WSI at (844) WSI-WELD [974-9353] to attend this seminar or scheduled a personalized company event.
One-Day Classroom and Lab Seminar at WSI
Call WSI at (844) WSI-WELD [974-9353] to attend our next seminar. (International: +1 (216) 475-5629). Bring your parts and weld them in our lab. Learn how to consistently projection weld fasteners to Hot-Stamped Boron and Press Hardened Steels.
IN THE CLASSROOM:
- Learn the details of the Hot Stamping Process.
- Understand the challenges inherent in Hot-Stamped Boron and Press Hardened Steels.
- Uncover High Current and Contact Resistance weld profiles.
- Chase a changing resistance profile.
- Understand the important differences between Contact Resistance and Bulk Resistance.
- Learn why Fast Follow-up is critical, and how to achieve it depending on the application.
- Discover the importance of Mechanical Dynamics.
IN THE WELD LAB:
Step-by-step process development for welding your samples or production parts.
- Learn about Weld Fracture Strength Testing as compared to typical resistance welding processes.
- Hands-on challenge: Teams develop weld schedules and compete to prove their processes.
- Weld Monitors: What to monitor and why, and best practices for setup and use.