Luvata Resistance Welding Electrodes and Accessories
FOR SALE from Weld Systems Integrators (WSI)
Luvata is one of the most respected manufacturers of resistance-welding electrodes. Our resistance-welding electrodes are used on robotic welding machines, primarily in automotive applications.
The unique blend of superior alloy composition and proprietary cold working properties enhances the welding performance of our electrodes in adverse welding conditions created by coated materials.
In addition, Luvata also offers a wide range of welding accessories, including: Luvata offers adaptors, shanks and projection welding electrodes in its high-strength, beryllium-free alloy KovaTM. Kova is the perfect replacement for harmful beryllium copper alloys. The introduction of galvanised and high strength steels, as well as a variety of newly developed coatings in automotive manufacturing have created new challenges for resistance welding.
Luvata Welding Electrodes FOR SALE at Weld Systems Integrators
The Ideal Solution for Resistance Welding Coated Steels
In addition, Luvata also offers a wide range of welding accessories, including:
Luvata offers adaptors, shanks and projection welding electrodes in its high-strength, beryllium-free alloy KovaTM. Kova is the perfect replacement for harmful beryllium copper alloys.
The introduction of galvanised and high strength steels, as well as a variety of newly developed coatings in automotive manufacturing have created new challenges for resistance welding.
Zinc, higher strength steels and other coatings can have adverse effects on the performance and life of cap welding electrodes, leading to premature wear and tear, sticking and increased dressing frequencies to maintain quality welds. As a result, traditional welding with chrome and/or chrome zirconium alloy electrodes has become inefficient and costly.
Our resistance-welding electrodes have been designed to overcome these challenges and provide the ideal solution for demanding welding conditions.
Weld Systems Integrators is a distributor of Luvata resistance welding electrodes, keeping an inventory of new and used equipment IN-STOCK at our Warrensville Heights, Ohio location for quick shipment and delivery.
In today’s resistance welding market, cap electrodes are manufactured from three materials:
- A-Trode® – CuCrZr. C18150, RWMA Class 2. The lower percentage of chrome in comparison to the standard Class 2 CuCr material and the addition of Zr to this Copper alloy discourages the alloying affect of zinc and copper to form brass on the electrode face and helps to prevent sticking.
- Cupal® – 0.5% AL2O3 in Copper. Dispersion Strengthened Copper C15725, RWMA Class 20. A cost effective alternative to Nitrode.
- Nitrode® – 1.1% AL2O3 in Copper. Dispersion Strengthened Copper C15760, RWMA Class 20. The most cost effective cap electrode available for resistance welding applications.
- Nitrode Composite – A welding cap electrode with a Nitrode (C15760) core or insert, and a Z-Trode (CuZr C15000) jacket. Provides the performance of the full-bodied, Nitrode, while reducing the overall cost of welding.
- P-Cap – Our P-Cap is a self-dressing electrode that maintains a constant current density across the weld face under typical welding forces. It should be used with either the Nitrode Cupal or Z-Trode materials for the best results.
- Z-Trode® – CuZr. C15000, RWMA Class 1. Superior electrical conductivity, resistance to sticking and annealing make this copper alloy material one of the most cost effective materials for welding light-to-medium gauge coated and uncoated steels.
Contact Weld Systems Integrators
CONTACT Weld Systems Integrators, or REQUEST A QUOTE for more information on our IN-STOCK welding equipment inventory. To speak with a WSI team member, please give us a call at 844-WSI-WELD or +1-216-475-5629.