CAPACITOR DISCHARGE WELDING
Struggling to find a solution to a difficult joining application? Capacitor Discharge Welding is your solution.
- Fasteners are extremely soft compared to the base material.
- Hot-Stamp Materials develop AlSi coating in the furnace.
- Resistive qualities of AlSi coating are inconsistent across the part.
- Short Weld Times called for in projection welding makes it difficult to deliver enough heat to the base material, often vaporizing the projections without welding.
- Consistent projection welding is difficult with most processes, and even with many Capacitor Discharge Welding machines!
WSI has over 10 years of proven results with tough-to-weld applications, like projection welding fasteners to Hot-Stamped, High-Boron AlSi-Coated parts! WSI Capacitor Discharge Welding Welders can make good welds 100% of the time.