1) When you visit our sites, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction.You may also provide personal information to us when you contact us (quote or catalog request).
The personal information we collect from you when you use our sites may include:
- Identity data, such as your name, company name, e-mail, telephone and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country);
- Recruitment data, including information submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry (as described below);
- Marketing and communications data;
- Event registration information, including information you provide when filling in e-registration forms; and
- Your feedback, including feedback from you about our sites as well as our products and services generally.
When you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service.
2) We collect certain information about your visit to our sites, including:
- Usage data, including information about how you use our sites, what pages you view, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the site, the website from which you linked to one of our sites and other actions taken within the sites; and
- Technical data, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language and your operating system.
For information about the cookies we use on our Sites, please refer to the section entitled “Cookies” below.
3) Geo-location information. For certain sites, with your express consent, we may collect the precise, real-time location (i.e., geo-location) of your mobile device. This information will be used only for purposes of facilitating your use of the sites. The geo-location of your mobile device may be disclosed to our service providers who may process this information in connection with providing services on our behalf. Once you have consented to the collection of the precise, real-time location of your mobile device, you may adjust this consent by managing your Location Services preferences through the settings of your mobile device.
4) Information collected from third parties. In accordance with applicable law, we may collect personal information about you from third parties, such as social media websites/ applications, which we may combine with the information we already hold about you in order to help us improve and customize our sites to your preferences and for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
OUR USE OF INFORMATION
1) We may use the personal information collected via our sites or when you contact us for purposes that include:
- Services. We may use your personal information to deliver services you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on company products or services you have purchased or otherwise use, registering purchased products, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, replacing product manuals, answering customer service requests and facilitating the use of our sites.
- Administering and protecting our business and Sites. We may use your personal information to administer and protect our business and our Sites, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data.
- Improving our business, sites, products and services. We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes that help us to develop and improve the quality of our business, sites, products and services (including new products and services), for example, by customizing our sites to your particular preferences or interests.
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information to inform you of products or services which may be of interest to you, and to otherwise communicate with you about offerings, events and news, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us, or by contacting us using the contact information listed in this Privacy Statement. Depending on your country of residence, you may also be able to opt out of other types of marketing communications; please contact us using the contact information listed in the Privacy Statement for more information.
- Employment applications. In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume/curriculum vitae, professional references, information about education and job background, and information about professional training and certifications. We and members of our group may use this information for the purpose of employment consideration, and as otherwise set forth in any separate privacy statement or other notice made available to in connection with your application.
- Research and analysis. We may use your personal information to conduct research and analysis to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best meet your requirements and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
- Enforcement: We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuse of our Sites.
2) Where permitted by law, we may combine the information that we collect via our sites with other information we hold about you (such as information about your use of our products and services) in order to offer you an improved and consistent customer experience when interacting with us or for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS INFORMATION
Where required by law, we will ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be that:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the services we provide to you;
- the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas;
- the processing is based on your consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specified purposes (e.g. marketing); or
- the processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interests, for example to develop and improve our Sites, products and/or services for the benefit of our customers.
In accordance with applicable law, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be used to identify you. Anonymized information is not considered personal information and is therefore not subject to this Privacy Statement. We may collect, use and share anonymized information for any purpose.
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
The period during which we store your personal information varies depending on the purpose for the processing. For example, we store personal information needed to provide you with products and services, or to facilitate transactions you have requested, for so long as you are a customer of the Company. We store your personal information for marketing purposes until you have opted out of receiving further direct marketing communications in accordance with applicable law. If you submit an employment application via our Sites, we will retain details of your application as set forth in the privacy statement or other notice made available to you in connection with your application or as otherwise required by law. In all other cases, we store your personal information for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy statement, following which time it is either anonymized (where permitted by applicable law), deleted or destroyed.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with selected third parties in accordance with applicable law, including as set out below.
- Our group companies. We may share your personal information with our affiliates and group companies as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
- Service providers. We may share your personal information with companies with which we have contracted to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, conducting surveys, processing transactions, analyzing our sites and performing analyses to improve the quality of our business, sites, products and services. We require these service providers to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
- Distributors and other trusted business partners. We may share your personal information with third parties that distribute our products and other trusted business partners for purposes that include allowing those third parties to send marketing communications to you. Such sharing of personal information for marketing purposes will be performed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal information to financial institutions, government entities and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfillment of the transaction.
- Disclosures in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons the Company decides to sell, buy, divest, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. We may disclose information we maintain about you to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, divestiture or sale of all or a portion of the Company’s assets.
- Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose personal information if required or authorized to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual.
We are a global company. By using or accessing our Sites or contacting us and giving your information to us, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be collected in, transferred to and accessed by the Company, our group companies, suppliers, distributors and other business partners and/or agents located in countries outside of your country or residence, including, but not limited to, the United States, Mexico and Italy, in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy and to provide a level of protection of personal information that is comparable to that of your country of residence.
USERS LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
Where required, we have put in place appropriate safeguards with our group companies, service providers, contractors, distributors and other business partners and agents to ensure that transfers of personal information outside the EEA are adequately protected. These safeguards typically comprise the EU Standard Contractual Clauses in accordance with Article 46(2) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal information, please contact us using the details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, including implementation of such security measures as may be required by applicable law. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the sites over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a User ID and password to access the Sites, you are responsible for keeping those log-on credentials confidential and not revealing them to others.
We use industry standard web analytics to track visits to our sites (“Web Analytics Providers”). The information generated by the cookie about your use of our sites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by our Web Analytic Providers on their servers. The Web Analytics Providers will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our sites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage (as specified below). The Web Analytics Providers may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf.
We use different analytic tools which serve the purpose of measuring, analyzing and optimizing our marketing measures and provide you with customized advertisements that could be of particular interest to you. In particular, we use the following tools:
- Twitter Advertising, service of Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”). Twitter collects information directly from the usage of the Sites by integrating its advertising technology. This information includes browser cookie IDs, mobile device IDs, hashed email addresses, demographic or interest data, and content viewed or actions taken on the Sites. You can opt out of Twitter Advertising by following the link: Twitter Advertising Opt Out Link
- Furthermore, our Sites use the Google Tag Manager by Google, which helps to manage website tags through a single interface. The tool itself (implementing the tags) triggers other tags that may themselves collect (personal) data. However, Google Tag Manager does not access this data.
- The Sites uses Facebook Custom Audience, a service provided by Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, a remarketing service that allows us to address visitors to our Sites via Facebook with advertising placed by us. The display of personalized advertising is based on an analysis of the use of our Sites using cookies and comparable technologies, such as tracking pixels, which enables us to identify customers that eventually convert to a lead from a Facebook.com campaign. This helps us prove the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. Furthermore, the service allows us to monitor website activity to build audiences so that we can further re-target communications to them based on their visit to the sites. We will not know any personal data in this context until you opt in to provide them by either filling out a form or contacting us in another way.
- You can find out more about the privacy settings by Facebook and your options to change them under the following link: Facebook Privacy Settings Link (you must be logged into your Facebook account).
- The Sites also use online marketing and tracking services offered by LinkedIn, Corp., in particular LinkedIn Ads and LinkedIn Analytics. Both services collect and process usage and interaction data, contact information, IP address and location data. We are using LinkedIn Ads to direct traffic to the Sites by serving online advertisements on LinkedIn.com that may eventually lead users to the Sites. We use LinkedIn Analytics to measure the success of our advertising campaigns so that we can see which users eventually convert into a lead on the Sites. We will not know any personal data in this context until you opt in to provide them by either filling out a form or contacting us in another way. You can opt out from LinkedIn targeting cookies by clicking on the following opt out link: Linkedin Opt Out Link
1) You may have certain rights with respect to personal information about you that is collected through the Sites or when you contact us. If you are a resident of the EEA, the rights described below may apply to you. For other users, the rights that apply to you will depend on the laws of your country of residence. We will facilitate your exercise of the rights that apply to you in accordance with applicable law. For more information about your rights, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
- Access : You may have the right to access, review and correct personal information collected through our sites or when you contact us. In some cases, you can do this by going to the page on which you provided the information. You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change to your mailing address, phone number or e-mail address.
- Object : YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO OBJECT TO CERTAIN TYPES OF PROCESSING ACTIVITIES INVOLVING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING WHERE WE ARE RELYING ON A LEGITIMATE INTEREST TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR WHERE WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR DIRECT MARKETING. IN SOME CASES, WE MAY DEMONSTRATE THAT WE HAVE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS TO CONTINUE TO PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN WHICH CASE WE ARE NOT OBLIGED TO COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST.
- Erasure : You may be entitled to request the erasure of your personal information, for example, where the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Restriction : You may be entitled to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information, for example, where the accuracy of the information is contested by you.
- Data portability : You may be entitled to receive and reuse your personal information for your own purposes. This is known as the right to data portability and, where applicable, requires us to move, copy or transfer your personal information from our systems to you or (where technically feasible) a third party chosen by you without affecting its usability.
- Consent: If you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Statement or, in the case of email marketing, by using the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails. This won’t affect the lawfulness of any processing up to that point.
2) We will respond to any requests from you to exercise your rights within the timeframes required by law. We may charge a fee to facilitate your request where permitted by law. To exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the contact details set out at the end of this Privacy Statement. We may take steps to verify your identity before taking action on a request. If you believe our processing of your personal information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the supervisory authority in charge of overseeing compliance with data protection law in your jurisdiction. We would however appreciate the chance to address your concerns, so please feel free to contact us regarding any complaint you may have.
We do not knowingly collect information from children and do not target or direct our sites to children. The meaning of “children” is subject to the laws and regulations in the jurisdiction in which you are located.
Our Sites may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. We have no liability or responsibility for those websites, products and services, their policies, or their collection or other processing of your personal information. The practices of those third parties with respect to information collected through their websites, products or services is governed by their own privacy policies. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those third parties.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement or our handling of your personal information, would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us using the contact information listed below. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
Mailing Address: 4943 Driscoll Road, Warrensville Heights, OH 44146 USA
PRIVACY STATEMENT CHANGES
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top and bottom of the Privacy Statement and take such additional steps as may be required by law.
Last updated May 18, 2020
Contact Weld Systems Integrators
Weld Systems Integrators (WSI) is your complete source for standard and custom resistance welders, consumables, spare and replacement parts and value added services. We offer WORLDWIDE shipping from our Warrensville Heights, OH location.
CONTACT Weld Systems Integrators, or REQUEST A QUOTE for more information on our IN-STOCK welding equipment inventory. To speak with a WSI team member, please give us a call at 844-WSI-WELD or +1-216-475-5629.