WSI WELDING SEMINAR
TOPIC: Projection Welding of Fasteners to HOT STAMPED BORON and PRESS HARDENED STEELS
As parts of our ONGOING WELDING SEMINAR SERIES, Weld Systems Integrators will be presenting a two-part series on projection welding of fasteners to Hot Stamped Boron and Press Hardened Steels. Part 1 – IN THE CLASSROOM. Part 2 – IN THE WELD LAB. Call WSI at (844) WSI-WELD [974-9353] to attend this seminar or scheduled a personalized company event.
One-Day Classroom and Lab Seminar at WSI
Call WSI at (844) WSI-WELD [974-9353] to attend our next seminar. (International: +1 (216) 475-5629). Bring your parts and weld them in our lab. Learn how to consistently projection weld fasteners to Hot-Stamped Boron and Press Hardened Steels.
IN THE CLASSROOM:
- Learn the details of the Hot Stamping Process.
- Understand the challenges inherent in Hot-Stamped Boron and Press Hardened Steels.
- Uncover High Current and Contact Resistance weld profiles.
- Chase a changing resistance profile.
- Understand the important differences between Contact Resistance and Bulk Resistance.
- Learn why Fast Follow-up is critical, and how to achieve it depending on the application.
- Discover the importance of Mechanical Dynamics.
IN THE WELD LAB:
Step-by-step process development for welding your samples or production parts.
- Learn about Weld Fracture Strength Testing as compared to typical resistance welding processes.
- Hands-on challenge: Teams develop weld schedules and compete to prove their processes.
- Weld Monitors: What to monitor and why, and best practices for setup and use.
Visit www.hotstampedboronsteel.com for detailed information about WSI fastener projection welding capabilities.