UNITROL Electronics manufactures resistance welding controls, Soft Touch Spot Welder Pinch Point Safety Systems, water chillers and coolers. Weld Systems Integrators is a distributor of UNITROL resistance welding equipment, keeping an inventory of IN-STOCK at our Warrensville Heights location for quick shipment and delivery.
PASSIVE PINCH POINT SAFETY SYSTEM
Now Even Better!
- Easier Setup: No User Calibration, EVER. Just install and turn power ON.
- Universal: Works with Non-Unitrol MFDC inverter and 1 Phase AC controls. Change two plug-in relays for use with 115VAC or 24VDC solenoid valve voltage.
- Always ready to protect: Does not have to be calibrated even when you power-up, change
material or change tooling.
- Instantly tunes to your welder: Does not stop production to recalibrate. Automatically compensates for changes in transformer tap switch position or line voltage shifts.
- New look: Easy-to-Read Operation Display. Shows exactly what is happening. Can be mounted on either side of enclosure.
- Supports SOFT TOUCH RETRACT: Just add optional RETRACT pneumatic system with HEAD DOWN limit switch for full protection.
- Full electrical redundancy: All inputs and outputs require closure of both electro-mechanical and
solid-state redundant components for full safe operation. Self-monitors output relay to prevent any operation if a fault is detected.
As Always, The UNITROL SOFT TOUCH:
- Cannot Be Bypassed
- Sensor Wires Always Clear of Production Area: Sensor wires are connected at output of welder secondary. Never needs sensor wire location to be moved closer to the electrodes for any type of welder.
- Fast Release: Electrodes close under low force and release in less than half of a second if metal is not detected between electrodes.
- Electrodes Close Without Initial Delay: Electrodes start to move at the same time the welding control is
initiated. Closing speed is independent of welding pressure.
- Works with Ram Depth Limit Switch: For redundant system requiring both Electrode Continuity
and Ram Depth Limit Switch closure.
SOFT TOUCH is a Fully Passive Fail-Safe System
Types of Welders: SOFT TOUCH can be used with all types of metals on press welders, rocker-arm welders, portable gun welders, and hanging gun welders doing spot, projection and seam welding.
Fully Passive: There are no operator adjustments. Even if electrode height or travel is changed, the SOFT TOUCH system continues to function without any operator changes. In fact, there is nothing for the operator to adjust.
Fail Safe Operation: If any of the system sensor wires become disconnected, the SOFT TOUCH system will lock out and not let the electrodes close or the welding sequence to proceed.
If the SOFT TOUCH sensor board detects electrode continuity before the foot switch or hand switches are closed, the system will lock out and not allow any electrode movement.